BPA fundraises for competitions

Back to Article
Back to Article

BPA fundraises for competitions

BPA members take a break from the morning rush.

Danny Heffron, Staff Writer

BPA is back this year with a rather large group. The funding needs are higher than in the past resulting in more fundraising needed.

BPA has been selling coffee to help pay for travel and to help pay for other funds. As done in the past years, Linda Valice, business teacher, has seen the benefits selling coffee has for the BPA.

“The proceeds go all to BPA and it helps pay for the bus to Grand Rapids for our states competition, as well as other club expenses,” Valice stated.

According to Valice, who’s in charge of the BPA, the students completely run the coffee selling, from making the coffee to handling the transactions.

Babar Ahmed, 11, BPA member, helps out in the mornings selling the coffee.

”While working, we sell coffee for $1-2 depending on the type of coffee sold,” Ahmed stated. “It helps to raise funds for our state and national competitions.”

With BPA being a larger group than previous years there are many hands on deck. With all the members, it is easy for the students to ration out equal working days. The same students don’t work every day.

“We choose what days we want to work. We don’t individually work every day, but there are always students working a shift,” Ahmed said.

So far it has been a successful fundraising technique, grossing almost $200, and BPA hopes to continue selling coffee until their financial needs are met.  

Students can buy the coffee outside of the 700 hallway. BPA is selling regular coffee for $1, and flavored coffee for $2.