New shows, movies arriving to Netflix this summer

Tosh McKie-Louk, Staff Writer

With summer on its way, Netflix has been releasing trailers and notifications for shows that that it plans to release in the next few months. The company has planned for many Netflix original series and brand new series and movies to come out this May and June.

Netflix has a few theatrical movies and television shows coming out too. These shows and movies listed are beloved by many fans who have been waiting for these new seasons and shows to appear on their favorite site for the summer. Since the new content won’t arrive until sometime this summer, you have lots of time to catch up on what you’ve missed and to watch the newer seasons when they come up.

Upcoming movies:

• Moana

The newest Disney movie is described as a beauty in every sense, a traditional Disney movie of a young girl on a quest to help her island that can soften the hardest hearts. The movie is loved by fans and is funny for all ages.

• Star Wars Rogue One

The movie that holds the answers to the beginning of the Star Wars franchise is coming to Netflix. A good action movie you can watch with friends, family, or alone.

• Marvel’s Doctor Strange

Marvel’s Doctor Strange revolves around an injured doctor who seeks healing from a magical therapist, but joins them in an attempt to save the world.

Upcoming television shows:

• Arrow Season 5

Arrow is a DC-based story of the vigilante Green Arrow secretly known as Ollie Queen, a dead man walking heir to his family’s company.

• Sense8 Season 2

Sense8 is a Netflix original show that revolves around eight characters who are all psychically connected and are on the run from a government project who seeks to use them as weapons and experiment on them.

• Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Season 3

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a great comedy show about a girl starting out her own life after being trapped by an insane man named the Reverend with three other women underground.