Kong has nothing on the King

TJ Noble, Staff Writer

Donovan King, 10,is the new kid on the block. This sophomore, after only one varsity season, has received offers from D1 schools and has interest from seven others, such as Central Michigan, Syracuse, and Bowling Green. After leading the varsity football team in sacks and tackles from his defensive end position with more than 10 sacks and more than 50 tackles, it’s easy to see what the hype is about.

Along with  making league in football his varsity season, he made states in wrestling. The expectations are high for this all-around athlete. Varsity football coach, Kory Cioroch, said that, “I really believe that he can be the next David Reese.”

And so far this are no objections.

While King is not entirely shocked by all the attention, he didn’t expect it either. King’s mother on the other hand, is surprised by the amount of light shone on her son. Although with all the success King has had, he claims that it is just a byproduct of the team and what they’re trying to do.

His goals are to get recruited to the top programs in the country. 

“I wanna go to Alabama, Michigan, and Central Michigan and to make the playoffs the next two years,” King says.
Not only do the school, the coaches, and the team have high expectations for him, but he holds himself to a high standard, and has a confidence that is beyond his age.