Farmington’s track team undefeated in league meets

Azuare Singleton-Moton, Editor

As track season comes to an end, we can reflect on all the new additions, records broke, leading athletes, and overall personal bests. With only one JV meet left, there are more people finishing up their track season. While varsity is still working to finish out the season strong.

Kendall Williams, 12, final year running for Farmington.

“The track season was very good. We showed a lot of talent throughout the whole team. It’s very impressive since most are young so they have performed great and have more room for improvement. I’ve been on the track team for four years and I feel like this is the best year out of the four.”

Track is made up of so many different parts. We have field events, sprinters, and long distance runners. Each individual group really stepped up to the plate to win all of our league meets.

“Aaron Watson, Nolan Mohr, and Jacody Sikora are performing extremely well in individual events and also the 4×1 which we can possibly reach to States. We ran the fastest time in the state this year for the 4×1 with a 43.15 at the New Balance track meet,” said Williams.

Williams’ head is set straightforward just out of regular season already focused on those varsity only meets. The track team works as a family but individual successes makes the whole team win in the end.

Zaccary Gaines, 10, second year on the team but works hard to be a good asset.

“My track season was very successful. I strived to break the school record before I graduate in the 4×200.”

His PR in the 400 was 52:50, and his 4×200 relay with Kendall Williams, Nolan Mohr, and Jacob Sikora was .20 seconds from the school record. He still strives to break that record.

Gaines is definitely an upcoming track star. He has all the makings of a hardworking, diligent and extremely helpful athlete. During practice he encourages freshman, puts up the hurdles, and leads warm-ups. Gaines is currently getting ready for the final track events: county and states.

The freshman this season definitely came as a great addition to the track team. Last year all the middle schools had great seasons and that same dedication was carried over into their high school season.

“This year’s freshman on the team did well. My season was ok but it wasn’t as good as last year. Next year I plan to do better,” said Victoria Atwater, 9.